Online counselling via Skype or WhatsApp allows you to connect with the Healing Room wherever you may be in the world. So whether you are at home, at work, abroad; you need not be alone.
- Arrange a time that suits
- Its Flexible
- Private and confidential
- With Emma, a Qualified, experienced counsellor
The following are some of the benefits of this phone & online Counselling Service:
- Session times that suit you
- Flexibility for busy individuals
- Short or long-term Counselling
- 50min counselling session.
- Pay online safely & securely
How it works:
Video call sessions can take place through Skype or WhatsApp. Sessions begin when the client rings through at the arranged time.
Both the client and therapist are visible to each other.
What you need:
You must have access to a smart phone for WhatsApp or Skype calls or computer/ laptop/ ipad for Skype depending on your preferred method of contact.
Who does it suit?
Online therapy suits some clients, especially those, who, for one reason or another prefer the comfort and seclusion of their own homes. Other clients may value the anonymity certain forms of online counselling provide. Some clients work abroad and cannot get to a sesion in person, so Skype/ online counselling suits best.
What are the steps to get your online counselling:
Step 1: Get in touch with Emma to discuss – email email@example.com or call or txt 087 9576418
Step 2: Arrange a time for your online appointment
Step 3: at arranged time the call is made to the_healingroom on Skype or to WhatsApp number 087 8576418 and then counselling online begins. Session will be 50 mins.
Step 4: payment is made online by card:
Find the Skype account: the_healingroom
WhatsApp 00353 87 9576418
Individual Video Counselling €60
Tips for a great online counselling session:
- Give 15 minutes in advance of any sessions to power up your device and also to avoid issues like a slow system or updates (these can usually be postponed to a later time).
- Much like a regular therapy session it is important to take the time to prepare personally
- Ensure the environment is suitable for online therapy, ideally this would be a quiet place where privacy could be maintained for the entirety of the session. A common room like a kitchen or living room where others come and go may not be suitable
- Be aware of the technological requirements that have to be in place, fast enough internet speed to support live communication and modern devices are required (some older devices and browsers will not be supported).
- Users, therapists and clients, should position themselves close to their source of internet, preferably in the same room as their wifi router, dongle, extender etc. Working far away from the source of the signal even with fast internet speeds can have an adverse effect on the quality of the communication.
- Understand how to manage camera and microphone, simple things like ensuring they are on turned on in the computer settings. Do this also ahead of sessions to avoid an unnecessary delay.
- Ensure that other programs are turned off on and all other internet tabs are closed, advise clients to do the same.
- Check to see if there are other users on internet/wifi system while the session is ongoing, this can have an impact on the quality of the video/audio. This is important for users to be aware of also.
- Set up devices in a way that will not need adjustment throughout the session. Make sure your device is plugged in before the session begins and that the device is in a secure position (not held in position as muscle fatigue will set in after a short time) with the camera at head height.
- Put all technology on silent and turn notifications off on all devices including laptops as this can be distracting mid-session.
Read an article about the pros and cons of online therapy:
Online counselling: Pros and cons
Alternatively if you use Zoom, an appointment can be conducted through Zoom ( a free video app) free on App store or Google Play