Online counselling / e-therapy allows you to connect with a counsellor wherever you may be in the world. So whether you are at home, at work, abroad; you need not be alone.
- Arrange a time that suits
- Its Flexible
- Private and confidential
- With Emma, a Qualified, experienced counsellor
- IACP Accredited
The following are some of the benefits of this phone & online Counselling Service:
- Session times that suit you
- Flexibility for busy individuals
- Short or long-term Counselling
- 50min counselling session.
- Pay online safely & securely
How it works:
Video call sessions can take place through Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp. Sessions begin when the client rings through at the arranged time. Both the client and therapist are visible to each other.
Book your appointment by calling 087 9576418, email firstname.lastname@example.org or message on WhatsApp 00353 87 9576418 to arrange your session. Alternatively you can check availability and book online here
What you need for your online appointment:
You must have access to a smart phone for WhatsApp or Skype calls or computer/ laptop/ ipad for Skype and Zoom depending on your preferred method of contact.
Who does it suit?
Online therapy suits some clients, especially those, who, for one reason or another prefer the comfort and seclusion of their own homes. Other clients may value the anonymity certain forms of online counselling provide. Some clients work abroad and cannot get to a session in person, so Skype/ online counselling suits best.
Limits to online therapy
Online Therapists Cannot Respond to Crisis Situations. Since online therapists are distant from the client, it is difficult to respond quickly and effectively when a crisis happens.
If a client is experiencing suicidal thoughts or has suffered a personal tragedy, it can be difficult or even impossible for the therapist to provide direct assistance.
If you NEED HELP NOW for yourself or for another person:
CALL 999 or 112: in the event of an emergency;
A & E: visit your Accident & Emergency Department;
GP: talk to your GP;
CALL A HELPLINE: Ring SAMARITANS 24/7 on freephone number 116-123, choose from Crisis Specialist Support Helplines suggested here.
What are the steps to get your online counselling at the Healing Room:
Step 1: Get in touch with Emma to discuss – email email@example.com or call or txt 087 9576418
Step 2: Arrange a time for your online appointment or check availability and book your session online here.
Step 3: at arranged time the call is made through Skype, WhatsApp or Zoom then counselling online begins. Session will be 50 mins.
Step 4: payment is made online by card:
Find the Skype account: the_healingroom, or
Or message WhatsApp 00353 87 9576418
Individual Video Counselling €60
Tips for a great online counselling session:
- Give 15 minutes in advance of any sessions to power up your device and also to avoid issues like a slow system or updates (these can usually be postponed to a later time).
- Much like a regular therapy session it is important to take the time to prepare personally
- Ensure the environment is suitable for online therapy, ideally this would be a quiet place where privacy could be maintained for the entirety of the session. A common room like a kitchen or living room where others come and go may not be suitable
- Be aware of the technological requirements that have to be in place, fast enough internet speed to support live communication and modern devices are required (some older devices and browsers will not be supported).
- Users, therapists and clients, should position themselves close to their source of internet, preferably in the same room as their wifi router, dongle, extender etc. Working far away from the source of the signal even with fast internet speeds can have an adverse effect on the quality of the communication.
- Understand how to manage camera and microphone, simple things like ensuring they are on turned on in the computer settings. Do this also ahead of sessions to avoid an unnecessary delay.
- Ensure that other programs are turned off on and all other internet tabs are closed, advise clients to do the same.
- Check to see if there are other users on internet/wifi system while the session is ongoing, this can have an impact on the quality of the video/audio. This is important for users to be aware of also.
- Set up devices in a way that will not need adjustment throughout the session. Make sure your device is plugged in before the session begins and that the device is in a secure position (not held in position as muscle fatigue will set in after a short time) with the camera at head height.
- Put all technology on silent and turn notifications off on all devices including laptops as this can be distracting mid-session.
Read: Pros and cons of online therapy:
Online counselling: Pros and cons
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 087 9576418 or book online